So here are some WIP pictures of my vambraces and hidden blade. Please note they are not done yet.
Not something I'm very happy with, for some reason it just seems off for me (and I'm not only talking about a slightly to large emblem). However I do like the leather I used, it was allready worn down to give it a more weathered look.
I did some research on it this week and came up with this work on progress. It's actually still missing an eagle head as third layer. It should be located betweed the knife-end-tip and the handle. I'm pretty pleased with the blade itself, the handle part not so much.
Cuff (white vambrace XD):
I noticed to many people having really sloppy cuffs. They tend to be very loose and don't look much to the reference. That's why I decided to make a solid vambrace of it.
I allready had some experience with leather lining so that wasn't the hardest part. Hardest was probably figuring out the "right" way to make the buttonholes and connecting the cilinder together (I used my sowingmachine very creative for this problem to tackle).
Anyways, it is being kept in shape with two layers of leather (not counting the lining) which works pretty well in my opinion